By: Dr. Ashley Bertorelli, PT, DPT
Assisted stretching is a form of stretching where the person being stretched receives help from a trained professional. This type of stretching allows for a deeper and more effective stretch than traditional stretching methods. At The Green Room, we recently added an Assisted stretching program, called GETStretched! In this article, we'll explore some of the many benefits of assisted stretching.
1. Increased Range of Motion: One of the most significant benefits of assisted stretching is increased range of motion. When a professional stretches you, they can take you beyond the limits of what you can achieve on your own. This can help improve flexibility and mobility, which can be especially beneficial for athletes or those recovering from injuries.
2. Reduced Risk of Injury: Assisted stretching can also help reduce the risk of injury. When muscles are tight and inflexible, they are more prone to injury during physical activity. Stretching helps to loosen and elongate muscles, which can help to prevent strains and sprains.
3. Improved Posture: Poor posture can lead to a host of problems, including back pain, neck pain, and headaches. Assisted stretching can help improve posture by lengthening tight muscles and correcting imbalances in the body.
4. Enhanced Athletic Performance: Assisted stretching can also enhance athletic performance. By improving flexibility and range of motion, athletes can move more efficiently and with greater ease. This can help improve their performance and reduce the risk of injury.
5. Stress Relief: Stretching can also be a great way to relieve stress. It promotes relaxation and can reduce muscle tension, which can help to alleviate stress and anxiety.
6. Self care: Assisted stretching is a great way to provide yourself with healthy, beneficial, and enjoyable self-care!! And if you get your stretching done at the Green Room, you'll have fun too! People tell us we're fun to talk with ;)
Assisted stretching can provide many benefits including increased range of motion, reduced risk of injury, improved posture, enhanced athletic performance, stress relief, and self-care. If you're interested in trying assisted stretching, consider giving us a try! It doesn't hurt to just try it once, especially since you'll be stretched by an experienced, skilled Therapist! Sign up for your GETStretched! session by giving us a call or start the sign-up process here: https://www.thegrpt.com/events-and-offers
In good health,